Collecting watches has unanticipated, beneficial side effects. Here are some. I'm sure that there are other beneficial side effects, too.
1. You know a thing or two about engineering.
2. You can read an analog watch.
3. Your non-dominant arm is stronger than most people's, especially if you wear a heavy watch or an automatic that you're winding all the time.
4. Wearing a watch gets you outdoors more than you would if you did not wear a watch, because you want to show your watch to as many people as you can.
5. You can locate Switzerland, Germany, and Japan on a map.
6. You understand the difference between "need" and "want".
7. Slow, boring meetings are okay, because you get to watch the time go by on your wristwatch.
8. Right or wrong, you can make snap judgments about somebody based just on what watch they're wearing.
9. You're intelligent and beautiful when you wear a watch.